Performs a variety of moderate to complex tasks related to the receipt and disbursement of materials, equipment, and supplies University-wide.
- Receives shipments of goods and materials; checks shipment for accuracy; may store stock; may enter into computer/inventory system.
- May monitor inventory of materials; may order materials as necessary.
- May contact addressee on shipment received or deliver packages to shippee: may fill orders and distribute materials at counter.
- May prepare material for transport from the University; may package and ship materials.
- May issue tools and/or equipment to University personnel; may record transfer; may ensure return of material.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures; knowledge of computer and office applications; knowledge of equipment/supplies used by department. Driver's license required.
- Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25-50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school related to inventory control and two years of storeroom experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Driver's license required.
Hours Per Week/Percent Time: 40/100%