Restaurant Workers Relief ProgramMarch 19, 2020
The LEE Initiative will expand its reach to Cincinnati in partnership with Mita's Restaurant. Starting on March 19th, Mita's will transform into a relief center for any restaurant worker who has been laid off or has had a significant reduction in hours and/or pay. With the help of Makers Mark, we are offering help for those in dire need of food and supplies. Each night, we will pack hundreds of to go dinners that will be offered to recently unemployed restaurant workers. Dinners are offered on a first come first serve basis. Limit 2 to a person unless there is an emergency situation.
We will also have supplies on hand for those in need: diapers, baby food, non-perishable canned foods and cereals, toilet paper when available, paper towels, notebooks and pencils, aspirin and more. We will limit how much any one person can take of these supplies but they will be handed out free to those in need.
We will continue to offer this program throughout the quarantine period or until we can no longer financially support the program.
Details of the program are below:
• Dinner pick up address: 501 Race Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
• This program will be offered 7 nights a week until otherwise notified.
• Pick up time is 5 pm to 8:30pm nightly.
• Everyone must show proper ID and have some identifying paperwork to prove recent employment at a restaurant. A pay stub will suffice in most cases.
• There will be staff on hand to organize and hand out meals but no one is allowed entry into the restaurant.
• We ask everyone to be patient should there be long lines.
• Depending on demand, we will be offering 250 to 350 dinners a night, first come first serve.
• We will not be handing out disposable cutlery.
If you are interested in supporting the Restaurant Workers Relief Fund, please visit www.LEEInitiative.org to donate online. Every little bit helps, and your donations will go directly to supporting Cincinnati's relief efforts.
The Salazar Restaurant Group is thankful for the continued support of our Cincinnati community and for the chance to partner with The Lee Initiative and Makers Mark to give back to it.
If you are interested in volunteering or donating any supplies, please reach out via email - email@example.com.
Thank you for your support and kind words during this uncertain time.