High School Scholarships
Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati Foundation (HCCF) Scholarships
CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19 HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP 2020 GUIDELINES
(CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
The Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati Foundation High School Scholarship program recognizes Hispanic students attending High School in the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area and is supported by local businesses, organizations and individuals. The HCCF’s intends to recognize and honor the achievements of Hispanic High School students who will be inspiring other younger Hispanic student’s generations to pursue higher education.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- Must to be enrolled as a full-time student in a High School according to their school standards.
- Be Hispanic or of Latino descent.
- Applicants must be residents of the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
- The student must have Grades: GPA 3.0 or higher and a score a minimum of 22 on the ACT test.
- Proven leadership at school and/or the community.
- Must commit to volunteer at the Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA a minimum of 10 work hours in a period of one year.
- Student must submit a written essay of (300 words) explaining his/her Hispanic heritage and involvement with the community, also include in about (two paragraphs) explaining the financial need and the benefits of being awarded with the scholarship.
- Must submit a professional, high resolution digital photography (headshots only) NOT SELFIES, or group photo (file in JPEG format under 5 MB size).
- Please note, if you are granted with this award you will not be able to apply again.
- Complete and submit applications with the required documents online
- Process will be open and available From August 1st to September 15. Applications will be received and reviewed by the Hispanic Chamber Foundation Education Committee.
- Please attach this documents:
- Letter from High School and or High School Transcript.
- Written Essay (involvement with the community, financial need and benefits if being awarded).
- Professional high resolution digital photography (headshot only).
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview.
- The final selection will be announced on October 1.
- Scholarship recognition will take place at the 2020 Hispanic Chamber Gala Night.
August XX Application will be available online
September XX Applications online deadline.
October XX Scholarship award notifications.
November Scholarships Recognition at Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati Gala Night.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship