Hispanic College Scholarships
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP 2022-23 GUIDELINES :::: CLOSED ::::
The HCCUSA Foundation is pleased to announce the start of accepting applications for our Annual 2022-23 College scholarship program. This program recognizes Hispanic students attending Colleges and Universities in the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area and is supported by local businesses, organizations and individuals. The HCCUSA Foundation intends to recognize and honor the achievements of Hispanic College Students who will be inspiring other younger Hispanic students to pursue higher education.
Cindy Tsai - HCCUSA Foundation - Education Committee -
Maria Luisa Rubio – HCCUSA Foundation - Education Committee - HCFCinciScholarship@gmail.com
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- Be Hispanic or Latino of origin or descent.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, or be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Applicants must be full-time students at one of the colleges and universities in the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area
- Recipients are required to be enrolled as full-time students in a College or University according to their school standards.
- The student must prove that has Grades: GPA of 3.0 or higher and a score of a minimum of 22 on the ACT test.
- Proven leadership at school and/or the community.
- Must commit to volunteer at the Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA for a minimum of 20 work hours in a period of one year.
- The student must be enrolled as a member of the Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA.
- Applicants must submit a written essay of 500 words explaining:
- His/her Hispanic heritage.
- Involvement with the Hispanic Community.
- Financial need and benefits of being awarded the scholarship.
- Applicants must attach an updated resume.
- Must submit a professional, high-resolution digital photo (headshots only) NOT SELFIES (JPEG format under 5 MB).
- Please note, if you are granted this award you will not be able to apply again.
- Complete and submit applications with required documents online from November 2022 to January 2023.
- Applications will be received and reviewed by the HCCUSA Foundation Education Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview.
- The final selection will be announced in January (end).
- Successful applicants will be offered a scholarship in writing and asked to accept or decline this offer.
- Scholarship recognition will take place at a special event in March 2023
|November 2022||The application will be available online|
|January (mid) 2023||Applications online deadline|
|February (early) 2023||Scholarship award notifications|
|March 2023||Special Scholarships Recognition event|